She called Roger Wilco a mistake despite the fact Roger was born from a test-tube Sometimes she and his father wondered where they went wrong. Despite this Roger seems to have been fairly close to her, and is said to keep in close contact with her, and seems to have an attachment to her. He sometimes says things he wouldn't want his mother to hear.
She has been the source of many pearls of wisdom for Roger. Including the fact she taught him about Sariens. She told him never kiss a Sarien unless he was willing to finish what he started (apparently it would initiate the mating ritual). She also warned him about professional ladies and unsavory characters. She probably also told him not to lick cold pipes, other people's spaceships or strange areas, not to play with firecrackers, and to finish what was on his plate for taking second helpings, and to always wear clean underwear. However, his mother apparently forgot to warned him about licking strange areas. She also warned him against leaving the refrigerator door open.
She and husband put a force field around Roger's play pen when he was a child.
She and her husband noticed that their son appeared to have poor eyesight and was shortsighted.
She also sent Roger to school with a used mop, instead of a new one like the rest of the kids in his class.
Roger's Mom's cooking is said to smell similar to iron oxide, burning rubber, and fusel oil. The food that his mother used to make,was greasy, tepid and over-salted. It sticked to his ribs, and stayed there a long time. Her desserts were apparently nearly lethal.
Roger apparently used to wear his mom's unmentionables when he was younger.
Behind the scenesEdit
Wilco's mother is mentioned several times throughout the series. In a few cases Roger will call out to his "Mommy" or "Mom" just before he is killed. For example, he will whimper Mommy, just before the Eureka's self-destruct mechanism blasts him into tiny-space hero remnants.
- ↑ SQ6
- ↑ Narrator (SQ1VGA):"Drat! Where did mom and dad go wrong? You be the judge."
- ↑ Narrator (SQ6): "You've got plenty of that stuff, or did you want to take some home to Mom?"
- ↑ Narrator (SQ2): "Would you want your mother to hear you say that?"
- ↑ SQ1EGA
- ↑ Narrator (SQ6): She appears to be waiting for someone. She might be one of those professional ladies your mom told you about.", Roger Wilco (SQ6): "Hmmm. Those two look like people my mom warned me about. I think I should avoid them."
- ↑ narrator (SQ4):"Narrator: This rough area tastes strangely like blood. Oh, that is blood. You've shredded your tongue. Your mother should've warned you about licking strange areas."
- ↑ Narrator (SQ1VGA): Didn't your mother tell you not to go licking other people's spaceships?
- ↑ Narrator (SQ6): "Didn't your mother ever teach you not to lick cold pipes?", "Didn't your mother ever tell you to finish what you've got on your plate before taking more?", Roger (SQ5): "Mom must have been psychic. Glad I put on clean underwear."
- ↑ SQ4
- ↑ Narrator (SQ5):"Remember what your mom said about leaving the refrigerator door open"
- ↑ Narrator (SQ3): "Didn't mom always tell you not to play with firecrackers?"
- ↑ SQ4
- ↑ "Your sight isn't what it once was. Maybe mom and dad weren't kidding. Anyway, you'll have to get closer."
- ↑ Roger Wilco (SQ1VGA):"Mommy! Is that you? Mommy, how come all the other guys in class get new mops and I don't?"
- ↑ SQ1VGA
- ↑ SQC2E, 158
- ↑ Narrator (SQ3): "Just Like Mom Used to Make" "As your life sputters to a close, you decide to cut down on desserts."
- ↑ Narrator (SQ4): "You give the sidewalk a lick and accidentally step on a crack. Somewhere, your mother screams out in agony, her spinal cord snapped cleanly in half. Of course, she probably deserved it for the way she threw away those magazines she found in your room that time back in junior high. Those things cost you a lot of good lunch money!"
- ↑ Roger Wilco (SQ6): "Geez, this is snug. Real snug. Hmmm. You know, it actually this makes me feels kind of good. I remember when I used to wear my mom's ... er, well, never mind. This is no time for nostalgia. I've got a serious extraction problem to work out first."
- ↑ SQ6, unused narration audio
- ↑ Narrator (SQ5)