Devices derived from transporter technology to dematerialize matter and then reconstitute it in another form.
Replicators are most commonly used as food dispensers aboard StarCon ships such as 8-Rear of DeepShip 86 . The menu is only limited by the programming, as opposed to the days of carrying natural or reconstituted foodstuffs, with delivery by special turbolifts or transporters.
Generally replicated food and "natural" food taste the same, though some people claim to be able to detect a difference.
Technically Mr. Soylent is not a replicator but a wormhole into the Restaurant Universe. They use technology such as Resonance Flux Shield, a Quantum Inhibited Conduit and a Transwarp Field Stabilizer.
List of known replicator codesEdit
- 2580969 - Keronian Plant
- 2712090 - Roasted drymouth Gourami
- 4366314 - Young shoots of the Wandering Atheist
- 6422803 - Roots of the Starshock Bush
- 6588126 - Tangy, piquant brine bananas
- 6588561 - Clinging Girlfriend Ivy
- 6588644 - Pulpy naturally-occurring Phleebhuttian food
- 6762876 - Bowling Alley Combo
- 6830620 - Leaves of the Habanero Eucalyptus Vine
- 6834468 - Space Food Sticks
- 6838687 - Dust Mites
- 7469410 - Bjorn Chow
- 8771877 - Eelwort Sahimi
The technology itself is a spoof on the replicators used in Star Trek.