The Room Removed for Legal Reasons appears in the CD-ROM version of Space Quest 4. It was included as a joke making fun of the fact that various lawsuits forced the change of some elements of Sierra games.
Accessing the Room Removed for Legal ReasonsEdit
To access the room, one must have the aforementioned version installed. Enter the following time codes in the Time Pod, followed by ENT after each timecode. It may seem like it's not working, but it is. Also, one should not try this until reaching Estros.
From left to right, the items removed for legal reasons are:
- Slug Chow A parody of the Ralston Purina Company's Dog and Puppy Chow. This was likely considered questionable because Purina owned Everready Battery Company. Sierra had already drawn the legal ire of the company due to the Energizer Bunny mishap.
- Hero's Quest (the logo and title are shown) was the original title for the Quest For Glory series, but was later changed because of copyright issues involving the "HeroQuest" boardgame.
- The two long bearded men are from the music group ZZ-Top. Originally appearing in the Rocket Bar in the VGA version of Space Quest 1, they were removed after a lawsuit against Sierra for using their likenesses without permission.
- The dinosaur on the wall is the character Earl Sinclair from the Disney produced television series, Dinosaurs. He appeared in the VGA remake of the first Quest for Glory game.
- The Radio Shock sign was removed from the Galaxy Galleria in Space Quest 4 and replaced with Hz. So Good, due to its similarity to electronics supply story chain, Radio Shack.
- The Droids R Us sign from the original EGA version of Space Quest 1. Later versions of the game had the name changed to Droids B Us due to liability issues of the name's similarities to the toy store chain Toys R Us.
- Once you get in the room you can never leave. If you click on the TimePod to try, the narrator says, "Sorry, but you've just been removed from the game for legal reasons."