Star Trek is a series of science fiction television series and films that has become a cult phenomenon. The Star Trek canon has become subject to parody in the Space Quest series.
- The Star Confederation is a parody of Star Fleet, and even uses similar uniforms
Space Quest IEdit
- In the VGA version, a Romulan Warbird can be seen briefly in the introduction. It also appears during one of the deaths, where it blasts Roger's ship if he strays into the wrong sector.
- An Enterprise shuttle can be seen parked among other ships near the bar in Ulence Flats in the VGA version.
- The Star Generator is based off of Project Genesis from The Wrath of Khan.
Space Quest IIEdit
Space Quest IIIEdit
- Before Roger docks at Monolith Burger, the Enterprise can be seen leaving and going to lightspeed.
Space Quest IVEdit
Space Quest VEdit
- SQ5 theme has similarities to the original Star Trek theme.
- The entire game is a parody of Star Trek: the Original Series and Next Generation
- Raemes Tipper Quirk is a parody of Captain James T. Kirk
- The "space monkeys" prank is a parody of the episode "The Trouble With Tribbles" in the original series
- Cliffy is based on Scotty from the original series
- The instance where Cliffy gets angered from an insult stating that the Eureka is a garbage scow is a reference to a similar instance in the original series
- WD-40's ship resembles a Klingon Bird of Prey
- The motto of Star Fleet is referenced at the start.
- The intro includes a "captain's log"
- One of the students at the Academy resembles Worf from The Next Generation
- Shplock is named after Spock from the original series
- "Stardates" are used throughout the game
Space Quest 6Edit
- Dorf is a parody of Worf from Next Generation
- The SCS DeepShip 86 is a parody of the Deep Space 9, and even resembles it
- A Star Trek TNG shuttlecraft can be seen in the docking bay
- The Bjorn seen mostly in the demo are a parody of the Borg. They are described as "assimilating" everyone, which the Borg tend to do. They also arrive in a cube-like ship. The Borg also use a cube ship (although the Bjorn Cube is an M.C. Escher impossible object, whereas the Borg Cube is just a cube).
- Circuit Sydney is a parody of Data from TNG
- The subtitle is derived from the opening dialogue from most Star Trek series.
- There is some "Wild Roddenberry" flavored stuff in Boot Liquor, after Gene Roddenberry, creator of Star Trek.
- Roger makes a comment about Stellar after she is declared dead that is reminiscent of the original Stark Trek series.
- The Datacorder greatly resembles the transcorder