Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Star Trek is a series of science fiction television series and films that has become a cult phenomenon. The Star Trek canon is subject to parody in the Space Quest series.
- The Star Confederation is a parody of Star Fleet, and even uses similar uniforms
Space Quest IEdit
- In the VGA version, a Romulan Warbird can be seen briefly in the introduction. It also appears during one of the deaths, where it blasts Roger's ship if he strays into the wrong sector.
- An Enterprise shuttle can be seen parked among other ships near the bar in Ulence Flats in the VGA version.
- The Star Generator is based off of Project Genesis from The Wrath of Khan.
Space Quest IIEdit
- Spock is sitting at the bar, saying "Look at the action that just walked in. Nice biped material, eh?"
- The old USS Enterprise is lurking in the background
Space Quest IIIEdit
- Before Roger docks at Monolith Burger, the Enterprise can be seen leaving and going to lightspeed.
Space Quest IVEdit
Space Quest VEdit
- The intro is based on the Next Generation intro
- The entire game is a parody of Star Trek: the Original Series and Next Generation
- Raemes Tipper Quirk is a parody of Captain James T. Kirk
- The "space monkeys" prank is a parody of the episode "The Trouble With Tribbles" in the original series
- Cliffy is based on Scotty from the original series
- The instance where Cliffy gets angered from an insult stating that the Eureka is a garbage scow is a reference to a similar instance in the original series
- WD-40's ship resembles a Klingon Bird of Prey
- The motto of Star Fleet is referenced at the start.
- The intro includes a "captain's log"
- Woof resembles Worf from The Next Generation
- Shplock is named after Spock from the original series
- "Stardates" are used throughout the game
- Rumproast Droole references Star Trek VI when he explains how he can talk, eat, etc without a mouth by saying that "Not everyone keeps their alimentary orifices in the same place".
- The Enterprise is seen among various other ships in the docking bay of the Academy.
- On page 20 of the Galactic Inquirer there's an ad for a device called "the Teacher", created by "KARA, Inc." on "Sigma Draconis." The line at the top says "Perform Brain Surgery at Home." This is a reference to the original Star Trek episode "Spock's Brain"
- The planet in the background of the rotunda is called "Vulcan", in reference to Star Trek. The planet Vulcan is Spock's home planet.
- The title of the game is a reference to The Next Generation
Space Quest 6Edit
- Dorff is a parody of Worf from Next Generation
- The SCS DeepShip 86 is a parody of the Deep Space 9
- A Star Trek TNG shuttlecraft can be seen in the docking bay
- The Bjorn seen mostly in the demo are a parody of the Borg. They are described as "assimilating" everyone, which the Borg tend to do. They also arrive in a cube-like ship. The Borg also use a cube ship (although the Bjorn Cube is an M.C. Escher impossible object, whereas the Borg Cube is just a cube).
- Circuit Sydney is a parody of Data from TNG
- The subtitle is derived from the opening dialogue from most Star Trek series.
- There is some "Wild Roddenberry" flavored stuff in Boot Liquor, after Gene Roddenberry, creator of Star Trek.
- Roger makes a comment about Stellar after she is declared dead that is reminiscent of a scene from Star Trek 6
- The Datacorder greatly resembles the transcorder
- Click the EYE-icon on the Sectors-command in the cyberspace office. The narrator says, "You probably want us to say something corny, like 'klingons in sector 2.8, Captain.
- Star Trek XVIII is one of the movies displayed on the marquee on Polysorbate LX.
- Beleauxs' books in the lab include "The Hunt for Red Corpuscle" (The Hunt for Red October) and "All I Need to Know I Learned from the Q Continuum" - the Q Continuum is the being-place for the Q entity in Star Trek TNG and DS9.
- A graffiti on the wall outside the arcade on Polysorbate LX reads "DARMOK+JALOD 4EVER". A reference to the Star Trek: TNG episode, "Darmok".
- 8-Rear is a spoof on 10-Forward, the ship's lounge on "Star Trek: The Next Generation".
- Drinks in Boot Liquor include Star Beck (a spoof on "Star Trek"; the slogan for this beer is "it makes you go where no man has gone before", a spoof on the wellknown Star Trek opening monologue) and Major Kirin (Major Kira from Star Trek DS + Kirin is also a Japanese alcoholic beverage)
- A graffiti in the brig on the DeepShip 86 reads "Sarek Lies!", in reference to Star Trek, where one of the characters is a Vulcan named Sarek.
- When talking to the brig replicator, Roger will say: "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot," in reference to Captain Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- The Vulgar nervegrip is obviously a spoof on the Vulcan nervegrip that Spock so often uses in the original Star Trek series.