Star Wars is a series of epic science fiction action films. These films were directed by George Lucas. As of the release of Space Quest 6, only three had been made. This "original trilogy" starred a young Luke Skywalker as he and his comrades tried to take down the evil Darth Vader and the oppressive Galactic Empire.
The film series has been parodied in the Space Quest series numerous times.
- The Space Quest theme is a parody of the Star Wars theme.
Space Quest IEdit
- When you approach the Deltaur, the inside view of the ship with your droid resembles the rebel attack on the Death Star from Star Wars.
- The Sarien Spider Droid is actually derived from the Imperial Scout Droid from the Empire Strikes Back.
- The building of Tiny's Used Spaceships at Ulence Flats has a similar design to Luke Skywalker's home on Tattoine.
- The mugger at Ulence Flats is one of the headhunters working for Jabba, who tried to kill Han Solo in the Mos Eisley cantina in the first Star Wars film.
Space Quest IIEdit
- Vohaul's asteroid fortress may be a reference to the Death Star space station in the Star Wars original trilogy.
Space Quest IIIEdit
- A Bowtie fighter (a parody of the Imperial TIE Fighter) is seen among the collected garbage. It is referenced as dating back to the "cologne wars" (a reference to the Clone Wars [although they had only been mentioned once in the original trilogy])
- The Aluminum Mallard is named after the Millennium Falcon
- The Thermal Detonator that Roger uses to blow up the shield generator is a direct reference to the device a disguised Princess Leia used to threaten Jabba the Hutt in the very beginning of “Star Wars: Return of the Jedi”.
- When in battle, and when seen taking off from Ortega, the Skull Fighter looks remarkably like an X-wing from Star Wars.
Space Quest IVEdit
- A wrecked landspeeder can be seen in Space Quest XII
- In the intro, Vohaul speaks to Roger using a communicator similar to those in Star Wars.
- On Estros, Zondra demands Roger: "Into the sub, flyboy". This is a spoof on Star Wars Episode 4. After Princess Leia shoots the vent into the garbage chute she says to Han Solo: "Into the garbage chute, flyboy".
- When you're sitting inside your time pod in the Galaxy Galleria, you can see Yoda from Star Wars playing on one of the computer games.
Space Quest VEdit
- The simulator at the start of the game resembles the Millennium Falcon
- Darth Vader and Obi-wan Kenobi can be seen battling each other in the hallway.
- After having picked up trash with the Eureka, open the hatch of the garbage container. Then, use the eye icon. It'll give you the following message: "What a wonderful smell you've discovered." Han Solo says the same thing in Star Wars Episode 4 after he and his friends fall into the garbage chute.
- The Goliath is a parody of the Super-class Star Destroyer Executor from "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi". It's the giant bluish colored ship that crashed into the second Death Star.
Space Quest 6Edit
- When investigating an Imperial Shuttle (Vader's personal ship), you hear someone say "Remember your parking space, Luke" (a reference to Obi-Wan Kenobi speaking to Luke from beyond the dead)
- One robot on Polysorbate LX is described as resembling "a vertically challenged Darth Vadar [sic]"
- Fester Blatz has an R2 droid being used as a GenBlood blender.
- Jebba the Hop is a parody of Jabba the Hut
- It is revealed that after an "incident with the princess", the R2 line of droids was discontinued. This refers to Princess Leia.
- The pea pod like foodstuff acquired in the brig is described as looking like Yoda's ears.
- As Roger leaves the shuttle bay, Imperial Stormtroopers come out and start shooting randomly (a parody of how inaccurate the aim of the Stormtroopers was in the original trilogy).