Space Quest I is split into two time sectors (parallel histories) the second representing the influences and affects of Sludge Vohaul (via Sequel Police), Two Guys From Andromeda and/or Roger Wilco's modifications of the original timeline. Although archives exist of both universes and Roger Wilco has occasional lucid memories of the previous, but mainly remembers later timeline. Beyond that there are minor differences between both. Roger's first experience with time travel occurred at the end of Space Quest III when he traveled back to c. 1986 to Earth through a black hole with the Two Guys from Andromeda leaving them behind (and potentially allowing them to change to the future).
The original time sector was Space Quest I: The Sarien Encounter (original version); This represents Roger Wilco's universe before any influence of time travel. The memories and experiences of this remain in the archives of the Two Guys From Andromeda and were published in Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter adventure game and in The Official Guide To Roger Wilco's Space Adventures (1st Edition)). Roger would again visit this time sector during his adventures in Space Quest IV, although he maintained memories of the later SQ1 era (after his past had already been modified), and not his original past. Still there are slight differences in Kerona/Ulence during both of his visits.
Space Quest I: Roger Wilco in the Sarien Encounter (time sector); This is time sector as Roger Wilco remembers it after time travel had changed history in minor or dramatic ways (archives exist of the new history with slight differences in The Space Quest Companion and The Official Guide To Roger Wilco's Space Adventures (2nd Edition)). The Two Guys From Andromeda would go onto make a game based on Roger's archives from the future.
Known time sectorsEdit
- The Daventry Zone (time sector)
- Dark Ages (Conquests of the Long Bow time sector)
- Earth c. 1986 time sector
- Space Quest I: The Sarien Encounter (original version) (time sector)
- Space Quest I: Roger Wilco in the Sarien Encounter (time sector)
- Space Quest II: Vohaul's Revenge (time sector)
- Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon (time sector)
- Between III and IV: Hoyle Book of Games Volume I (Sarien invasion)
- Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (time sector)
- Space Quest V: The Next Mutation (time sector)
- Space Quest 6: The Spinal Frontier (time sector)
- Space Quest VII: Return to Roman Numerals (time sector)
- Space Quest X: Latex Babes of Estros
- Space Quest XII: Vohaul's Revenge II
- Space Quest XIV